A lot of us like to make New Years Resolutions to better ourselves and get our lives to a better place. Well, what if we did the same for our dogs? Wouldn’t you want to make your pup happier and healthier? Here are a few ideas that could help you make your dogs life a little bit better:
· Get my dog some new I.D. tags. – This is a great chance to add some pizzazz to your pups wardrobe and better yet add to their likelihood of not getting lost, or at least found a lot sooner. Over time tags can become hard to read, so update your info and update their style.
· Less treats, more exercise. – We all know that you love your dog, but the best way to show them is to give them the attention they really deserve. Spend a little more time with them, take an extra stroll around the block, a trip to the park, even some rasslin’ time on the floor. It’s good for their health (and yours), and it will strengthen the bond you have.
· Groom your dog regularly. – Aside from a little 1-on-1 time, this will show your pup how much you care. Brushing their coat can distribute essential oils all over and keep them from getting uncomfortable mats. It’s also a great time to really look over your dog and see if there are any changes or abnormalities that you should discuss with your vet.
· Make a date with the Vet. – Make an appointment to see your pups vet. Don’t wait until something is wrong. Let the doctor see them when they are 100% and let the vet establish a relationship with your dog when they aren’t under the weather. Talk about their diet and exercise.
· Make a Play date. - Break up your routine as well as your dogs. Get together with a friend who has a like-minded pup. Go to the park and then maybe visit a dog friendly restaurant. It’ll be good for them and you.
· Teach any dog a new trick. – Just like people, stimulating a dogs mind is good for them. It can keep them younger and healthier. Play a game or teach them a new trick. Any dog can learn, no matter how old. This again, will give you an opportunity to cement your bond.
So, there you have a few thoughts on things to do to make 2015 a little better for your pup and you. They say that “Dog is Man’s Best Friend”, but lets flip it around and show them what they mean to us.